Discover the floating national park in Lake Victoria, Tanzania side. This tour takes you from Mwanza city and spend 3 days in Rubondo Island. Enjoy the beauty of the island while a friendly local guide shares with you entertaining of Lake Victorias’s checkered history, it’s legendary characters as you explore the park on foot and by a fiber boat.
What is included in the tour
- All park entrance fees
- All transfers and Pick up
- Guaranteed departure.
- All Meals from start to completion
- The services of a local knowledgeable English speaking safari guide
- Open sided Fiber boat to enable easy viewing and photography while sailing in Lake Victoria
- Complimentary bottled water while on game viewing.
- Vegetarian meals can be served upon request.
- Teas and coffee
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel Insurance
- International Flights
- Items of a personal nature
- Tour Guide TIP (min. $ 25 a day)
- Visa (Available at the airport for $ 100 or less depending on the origin of your country
- Boat riding in this beautiful Island in Lake Victoria.
- Enjoy the basking Nile crocodiles as well schools of hippo
- Ultimate wildlife viewing on foot led by a qualified park ranger.
Mwanza | Rubondo Island via Muganza | Nkome Bay
After having your breakfast depart at 7.00am for the 4hours drive to Rubondo Island National park. Ride a boat for another 30min. Arrive and check in at this beautiful Island in Lake Victoria.
After lunch, we will be privileged to do game viewing on foot accompanied by an armed ranger in the middle of African forest. Walk around the beach while learning a lot from our MOTHER NATURE. Have a glance at the schools of hippo. Keep your eyes watching for sitatunga, otters, bushbuck, vervet monkeys. Rare sightings are black and white colobus monkey, genet, marsh mongoose, suni antelope, and elephant. Rubondo Island is a perfect paradise for birding as over 400 species of birds have been seen including African Fish Eagle. Our friendly guide is always happy to share with you about the behind the scene perspectives in this beautiful island and much much more..! Some of Africa's biggest crocodiles bask and lie in wait on the banks of Lake Victoria.
Dinner and Overnight stay:-
- Meals included: Picnic Lunch and Dinner
Half day Game viewing by boat in Lake Victoria.
Depart at 8.00am after breakfast for boat riding in Lake Victoria (depending on weather you may opt to go in the morning or late afternoon).
This is the best experience for game viewing in Lake Victoria as we will be able to reach very remote parts of Lake Victoria. Explore an uncountable number of Nile crocodiles, stop over at the breeding site for birds and observe schools of hippos. Rubondo Island offers an extraordinary experience you can't imagine. As you make your way back to the lodge make sure to keep your eyes open for birds, including our very own Shrike, eastern white-crowned shrike. We will walk/ drive back to the luxury camp for our sumptuous meals while enjoying the cool breeze from tall trees surrounding the tented lodge as well sounds of hippos close to the lounge.
Dinner and Overnight stay:-
- Meals included: Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
Rubondo Island | Drive back to Mwanza city
After enjoying a buffet breakfast, collect your picnic lunch, check out and continue driving to Mwanza. On our way stop for in Geita. Later after having your lunch continue heading to Mwanza and drop you at the airport/ hotel (drop off point to be advised)
- Meals included: Breakfast | Lunch.