Covering a size of 137 sq km, Arusha National Park is located between the peaks of Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru. Known for its remarkable range of altitude, topography, and vegetation, the park is the home of a variety of wildlife from a green forest to mountain, and aquatic habitats. There are three main places of interest in Arusha National Park: the Ngurdoto Volcano Crater, the Momela Lakes, and the rugged Mt. Meru
Standard Day Trip - Includes Packed Lunch
Luxury Day Trip - Decent Hot lunch at Momela Lake Lodge followed by drinks.
What is included in the tour
- Arusha park fees
- Pick up and Drop off
- Guaranteed departure.
- Vegetarian meals can be served upon request
- Guaranteed window seat and Game viewing as per itinerary
- Bottled water to soften your throat whilst enjoying game viewing.
- The services of our own knowledgeable English speaking tour guide
- Lunch either packed lunch or decent hot lunch (depending on your budget)
- 4WD Safari car with a pops up roof for easy game viewing and photography.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel insurance
- International flights
- Items of a personal nature
- Guide Gratitude (min. $ 25 per day)
- Tanzanian Visa ($ 100 for Americans and $ 50 for non-Americans available at the airport upon arrival)
- Suitable for all ages and skill level
- Perfect for travelers with a day off in Arusha.
- Spend a day exploring the beauty of Arusha National park
- Round out your day trip with either a packed lunch or decent hot lunch.
Depart Arusha at 8 am right after having your breakfast from your hotel in Arusha, we can also organize this trip from Moshi. During your safari, you will visit 2 major areas of the park:-
- the Ngurdoto Volcano Crater,
- the Momela Lakes
The Ngurdoto Crater is surrounded by highland forest, a prime setting to spot black and white colobus monkeys traveling along the treetops. Rim to rim, the crater extends 3 kilometers and descends into a volcanic bowl teeming with wildlife. The view from the rim is spectacular, where buffalo and warthogs can often be seen on the crater's swampy floor and the huge crowned eagle may be seen flying overhead.
The Momela Lakes circuit is a string of wonderful crater lakes, each with its own charm and geological peculiarities. These lakes, like many in the 20 million-year-old Rift Valley, are shallow, alkaline and fed predominantly by underground streams. Giraffes, hippos, and elephants are especially common to this area. Notably, the area is also a birder's paradise, hosting an astonishing variety of migratory and resident bird life. Over 400 species of birds have been recorded in the park. In addition to the large flamingo population, some notable species include the Crowned Eagle, Peregrine Falcon, Silvery-Cheeked Hornbill, Egyptian Vulture, and Hammerhead Stork.
After the day of an adventure, we drive back to Arusha city through the green forest...
Drop you in Arusha (drop off point to be advised)