Depart as early as possible from the busiest city of Dar es salaam and spend a day immersing yourself in the splendor of the flood plains of Mikumi national park. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the Savannah as you take a day to explore and enjoy the beautiful nature of Tanzania.
What is included in the tour
- Park fees
- Free pick up and drop off at your hotel in Dar es salaam
- Guaranteed departure.
- Breakfast and lunch
- Guaranteed window seat and Game viewing as per itinerary
- The services of our knowledgeable English speaking safari guide
- 4WD Safari vehicle with a pops up for easy game viewing and photography
- Bottled water to soften your throat while enjoying game viewing.
- Vegetarian meals can be served upon request.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Tanzanian Visa ($ 100 for Americans and $ 50 for non-Americans available at the airport upon arrival)
- International flights
- Guide Gratitude (recommended)
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Anything not mentioned on the itinerary
- Perfect for travelers with a day off in Dar.
- Spend a day exploring the dry floodplain of Mikumi
- Suitable for all ages and skill level
- Round out your day trip with a decent picnic lunch at the hippo pool.
Depart at 5.00 am from your hotel in Dar es salaam to Mikumi National park with a breakfast stop at Kobil restaurant at Chalinze town. (Please let us know the hotel/ residential place to pick you up in the morning)
Although a bit smaller than some of the more illustrious Tanzanian National Parks, Mikumi still offers a good safari experience with typical flora and fauna of East Africa. With 3,230 square kilometers coverage, Mikumi National Park is a well-known park in Tanzania. The park is popular for its population of elephants, giraffes, buffaloes, zebras, elands, greater kudu, wildebeest, roan and sable antelope. Predators include tree-climbing lions (which are in large number), leopards, wild/ hunting dogs and black-backed jackal. More than 300 species of birds have been recorded here including Eurasian migrants such as red-billed oxpecker, marabou stork, and lilac breasted roller. Several observation towers enable you to view the park in its entirety.
- Breakfast: Breakfast at Kobil restaurant at Chalinze
- Packed Lunch: Packed lunch at the picnic site
Depending on how much time you will spend for lunch but immediately after enjoying our lunch we will continue with game viewing until late afternoon, the time that we will start heading to the exit gate ready to drive back to Mikumi and arrive at around 7.30pm (depending on traffic).
Drop you in Dar es salaam (drop off point to be advised)
*******END OF SERVICE*******