Ngorongoro Crater is just one part of the 8300 sq. kilometer area called the Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA). Also contained within the NCA's boundaries is the geologically important and historically controversial Olduvai Gorge, where Louis and Mary Leakey discovered numerous types of the fossil remains of early man.
- Perfect for travelers with a day off in Arusha.
- Spend a day exploring the the Crater
- Suitable for all ages and skill level
- Round out your day trip with a picnic lunch at the hippo pool.
Leave Arusha at 5.30 am and drive to Ngorongoro Crater through the Masai steppe and the Great Rift Valley escarpment in the northern circuit.
Ngorongoro Crater is widely considered to be one of the natural wonders of the world. 12 miles wide, 2000 feet deep, and covering an area of 102 square miles, it is the largest intact volcanic crater on earth and home to a spectacular concentration of wildlife. The crater hosts an estimated 30, 000 animals on its floor, including large herds of buffalo and wildebeest, eland, hartebeest, elephant, hippo, lions, and the endangered black rhino.
Millions of years ago, Ngorongoro was an active volcano with a cone that some speculate was as high as Mt. Kilimanjaro. The volcano eventually became extinct and its cone collapsed and sunk, forming an enormous crater. The surrounding area was then slowly enveloped by tropical vegetation and colonized by various species of animals.
Today, mountain forests, lush vegetation, and fresh springs surround the rim of the crater's towering walls, which top out at an elevation of 7500 feet. With its stunning natural beauty and the tranquility of its surroundings, Ngorongoro is frequently referred to as "Africa's Garden of Eden".
- Packed Lunch: Packed Lunch served at Ngoitoktok picnic site in the Crater.
Depending on how much time you will spend for lunch but immediately after enjoying our lunch we will continue with game viewing until afternoon, the time that we will ascend the Crater and continue heading to the exit gate ready to drive back to Arusha and arrive at around 7.00pm (depending on traffic).
Drop you in Arusha (drop off point to be advised)
*******END OF SERVICE*******
What is included in the tour
- All Park fees
- Free pick up and drop off at your hotel in Arusha
- Guaranteed departure.
- Breakfast and lunch
- Guaranteed window seat and Game viewing as per itinerary
- The services of our knowledgeable English speaking safari guide
- 4WD Safari vehicle with a pops up for easy game viewing and photography
- Bottled water to soften your throat while enjoying game viewing.
- Vegetarian meals can be served upon request.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Tanzanian Visa ($ 100 for Americans and $ 50 for non-Americans available at the airport upon arrival)
- International flights
- Guide Gratitude (recommended)
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Anything not mentioned on the itinerary