Tarangire National Park is one of the finest parks in Tanzania. Located in the Rift Valley, not far from the eastern shore of Lake Manyara, Tarangire covers approximately 2600 square kilometers and contains nine different vegetation zones, each supporting distinct types of wildlife. The expansive landscape of Tarangire is panoramic and soothing as the wooded savannas stretch far and wide in every direction. The gently rolling hills are punctuated with majestic Baobab trees, alternating with open acacia woodland, rivers, and stands of palm trees.
Standard Day Trip - Include Packed Lunch
Luxury Day Trip - Decent Hot lunch at Tarangire Sopa Lodge followed by drinks.
What is included in the tour
- Tarangire park fees
- Guaranteed departure.
- Vegetarian meals can be served upon request.
- Free pick up and drop off at your hotel in Arusha
- Guaranteed window seat and Game viewing as per itinerary
- Bottled water to soften your throat while enjoying game viewing.
- The services of our knowledgeable English speaking safari guide
- 4WD Safari vehicle with a pops up for easy game viewing and photography
- Lunch; either packed lunch or decent hot lunch (depending on your budget)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel insurance
- International flights
- Items of a personal nature
- Guide Gratitude (min. $ 25 per day)
- Tanzanian Visa ($ 100 for Americans and $ 50 for non-Americans available at the airport upon arrival)
- Perfect for travelers with a day off in Arusha.
- Spend a day exploring the beauty of Tarangire National park
- Suitable for all ages and skill level
- Round out your day trip with a packed lunch or decent hot lunch.
Leave Arusha at 7 am and drive to Tarangire National park through the Masai steppe in the northern circuit.
During the dry season (June to October), the time when many of the migratory wild creatures return to the permanent waters of the Tarangire River, the park act as a blood-stream to a higher concentration of wild animals in Northern Tanzania. Large herds of buffalo, elephants, hartebeests, topi, and oryx shelter here until the end of October, the beginning of the wet season when they start migrating to lush new grazing land. The Tarangire River also attract numerous species of birds to the area. More than 300 species of birds have been seen in this beautiful park, including stalks, starlings, parrots, lovebirds, shrikes, ox-peckers, nightjars, and swallows.
Late afternoon start driving back to Arusha and arrive at around 7.00pm (depending on traffic).
Drop you in Arusha (drop off point to be advised)
*******END OF SERVICE*******