This safari takes in the hidden secrets of Tanzania, from the dramatic landscape of Lake Manyara to the endless plains 'sea of grass' of the Serengeti and the magnificent views of the world’s largest intact caldera; the Ngorongoro Crater. Keep your eyes open for the famous tree climbing lions and admire endless flocks of lesser flamingos on the shores of Lake Manyara. Explore the abundant resident wildlife of the World famous Serengeti National park or experience the massed game of the annual Great Migration, with its thundering hordes of zebra and wildebeest. Discover the breathtaking beauty of the Ngorongoro Crater and experience the incredible density of animals on the Crater floor.
Arusha City, Handpicked Accommodations:-
- Upscale Luxury Accommodation: Rivertrees Country Inn.
- Luxury Accommodation: The African Tulip.
- Mid-range Accommodation: Venus Premier Hotel.
Lake Manyara, Handpicked Accommodations:-
- Upscale Luxury Accommodation: Lake Manyara Tree Lodge.
- Luxury Accommodation: Escarpment Luxury Lodge.
- Mid-range Accommodation: Haven Nature Camp and Lodge.
Serengeti, Handpicked Accommodations:-
- Upscale Luxury Accommodation: Four Seasons Lodge..
- Luxury Accommodation: Melia Serengeti Lodge.
- Mid-range Accommodation: Shuhudia Adventure Tented Camp.
Ngorongoro, Handpicked Accommodations:-
- Upscale Luxury Accommodation: Ngorongoro Crater Lodge.
- Luxury Accommodation: Neptune Ngorongoro Luxury Lodge.
- Mid-range Accommodation: Rhino Lodge.
What is included in the tour
- All Park fees
- Pick up and Drop off, Arusha.
- Guaranteed departure.
- All meals from start to completion
- Guaranteed window seat.
- A local English speaking tour guide
- 4x4 vehicle designed for safari with a pops up for easy game viewing and photography
- Mineral water 2 liters per person a day available in the car
- We can easily cater to vegetarian meals when requested.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Visa (Available at the airport for $ 100 or less depending on where you are coming)
- International Flights
- Tour Guide TIP (recommended $ 20 a day)
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Fully immerse yourself in NATURE and discover the hidden secrets of Tanzania with one-week safari
- Intimately encounter Africa's great mammals and get close to the hypnotic interaction between predator and prey
- Spend an inspiring day in Ngorongoro Crater, a compact haven for more than 30,000 mammals including the Big 5
- Delight in the big and small of Lake Manyara National Park, from tree-climbing lions and raucous hippos to over 500 bird species
- Get lost on the endless plains "sea of grass" of the world-famous Serengeti, the home of the great wildebeest migration and one of the planet's most untouched expanses of wilderness
- Relax and indulge in some of Tanzania's finest hand-picked lodges and camps, with panoramic views...
This safari in Tanzania begins and ends at Kilimanjaro International Airport, JRO.
Day 1: Arusha – First Impressions of Tanzania's Safari Landscapes
Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will be warmly welcomed by a member of Shrike Safaris Family, who will drive you to your scenic lodge in Arusha city. Spend the night in Arusha. Your stay includes all meals.
Day 2: Lake Manyara National Park 'the loveliest [lake] ... in Africa,' by Ernest Hemingway
The diverse natural habitats of Lake Manyara National Park range from its Rift Valley soda lake to dense savannah woodlands and steep mountainsides. The park is famous for its unique tree-climbing lions and huge herds of elephant. The lake shores, encrusted with lesser flamingos, attract more than 400 species of birds making the park an ideal for the bird-watchers. Large herds of buffalo, leopards, Masai giraffe and impala roam around the lake shores and the forested valley slopes. The park also features a ground-water forest, acacia savannah woodland, and hot water springs.
Spend a day enjoying game viewing at Lake Manyara...
Day 3 to 5: Serengeti National Park 'one of the wonders of the Planet...' said Anne Pusey, an evolutionary anthropologist at Duke University.
The Serengeti National Park is one of the world's most celebrated wilderness areas. Tanzania's oldest game reserve, it is renowned for the part it plays in the annual Great Migration of two million antelope. This epic, seasonal journey is a deeply moving experience.
Indulge in three nights in the Serengeti; you will spend days exploring the Serengeti in your safari vehicle. You have got large window seats, of course, and the pop-up roof for uninterrupted 360-degree panoramas over the endless grass plains of the Serengeti. Your stay is on a full board basis, including unlimited mileage for game viewing.
Day 6 & 7: Ngorongoro Crater 'one of the Seven Natural Wonders of Africa'
An exceptional safari destination, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area is a sanctuary to more than 30 000 wild animals. The Ngorongoro Crater, once a gigantic volcano, is the largest intact caldera in existence. More than 2.5 million years old, it shelters one of the world's most beautiful wildlife havens. The rarely seen Black rhinos are well-protected at the Crater floor, giant-tusked male elephants wandering through the green forests, black-maned lion stalks the grasslands and lesser flamingo crowd the soda lakes.
Linger for two nights in the beautiful place on Earth. Your stay includes a full-day game viewing on the Crater floor.
Day 8: Souvenir Shopping and Departure
Over the last seven days, you have explored and discovered hidden NATURAL secrets of Tanzania taking in the beauty of each of its national park. Today you have a chance to do some souvenir shopping in the local gift shops in Arusha. Depending on your flight time, you will be driven to the airport to connect with your flight to your next destination.
Why not shake off the safari dust and add to your Tanzanian adventure with a 4 or more night’s stay on the idyllic Island of Zanzibar